July 19, 2022
React Native vs. Flutter: Which Is Better?
One of the biggest dilemmas for businesses and brands is the choice between a React Native app development company in India or a Flutter app development company in India. Both Flutter and React Native are mobile app development technologies. Both of them are used by mobile app development companies to build interactive apps for Android and iOS. Since both React Native and Flutter serve the same purpose, i.e. cross platform app development, it is essential to choose the right one for your app development project.
What is React Native?
- React Native is an open-source UI framework created by Meta Platforms Inc. that allows a React Native app development company to build native mobile apps for Android and iOS platforms.
- By choosing a React Native customer app development company, there is no compromise on the user experience across any device or platform.
What is Flutter?
- Flutter is a cross platform app development framework created by Google.
- It allows a Flutter app development company to build and deploy captivating and visually appealing apps for Android, iOS, web, and desktop using a single codebase.
React Native vs. Flutter for mobile app development: Understanding the differences between these mobile app development technologies
|Technologies and languages|
- In Flutter app development, no interconnecting bridges are formed between the native components of a device. Hence, interactions between the device’s native components are quicker, making Flutter apps high performing compared with React Native.
- It offers more general documentation compared to Flutter.
- The documentation in React Native is not as direct and straightforward as in the case of Flutter.
- An app development company offering React Native app development services has to rely majorly on external development kits.
- It offers very detailed and in-depth native documentation.
- The documentation guides of Flutter make the process of transition from another framework to Flutter seamless for a Flutter app development company.
|User Interface (UI) components|
- React Native does not have rich UI components like Flutter.
- It mainly relies on an exhaustive collection of third-party UI kits that helps a React Native app development company in India to create beautiful UI for the apps.
- Compared to React Native, Flutter has rich UI components.
- Navigation, libraries, API access, etc. are all a part of the Flutter framework.
- Also, a Flutter customer app development company gets to use the highly interactive, built-in widgets, making it easier to construct the UI.
- It has had a longer number of years in the market compared with Flutter. Hence, React Native is widely supported by a number of editors.
- It is more mature and used by many top businesses globally.
- React Native has more packages, nearly five-time more than Flutter.
- Before Flutter was released in 2017, React Native had already been in the market for two years.
- Compared to React Native, it has fewer packages and is less mature.
- It is possible for a React Native customer app development company to quickly build and deploy apps, making the React Native framework a preferred choice for developers and businesses.
- It is more widely adopted than the Flutter framework.
- Flutter was released much later in the market after React Native was launched. However, recently, Flutter app development services are gaining momentum.
- However, when compared with React Native, the popularity and adoption rate of the Flutter framework is less.
- React Native is backed by a huge community of developers. It is one of the most popular frameworks.
- Flutter is relatively new in the market, so it has a relatively smaller community to provide support. However, it is slowly gaining popularity around the world.
- It includes components that are automatically adaptive.
- Unlike React Native, the components are not adaptive. They need to be manually configured by the Flutter customer app development company.
|Popular apps that have been developed|
- Google Ads
- Philips Hue
Be it React Native or Flutter, both mobile app development technologies have their own pros and cons. The perfect choice will depend on your project requirements and budget. Although React Native is used for developing most apps in today’s world, Flutter is said to be the future of app development.
If you are planning to build complex apps like a gaming app, it makes sense to hire a React Native app development company. However, if you have a simple app development project in mind and need better stability, you should go for Flutter.
Do you have a cross platform app development project in mind?
Are you planning to hire the best React Native app development company in India?
Are you looking for a professional and expert app development company offering Flutter app development services?
Your search ends here with us. We are one of the renowned mobile app development companies that have been developing tailored and innovative mobile apps for its clients. Be it Flutter or React Native app development services, we have a qualified and expert team of mobile app developers who can convert your dream mobile app development project into reality. Want to know more about React Native or Flutter app development services offered by our expert team?
Talk With Us